It is hard to believe that it has been two years since I last published a blog post – and nearly two and a half since moving to Minneapolis!
A lot has happened since then:
- Rachel and I have survived two Minnesota winters, one brutal and one mild. We’ve learned to make sure our hair is dry before leaving in the morning so that it doesn’t freeze… Who knows what this winter will bring!
- I moved from Merchandise Planning into a Finance role at Target, so instead of spending $150M every year on women’s socks, I am planning and forecasting $200M of HR expense. I’ve learned a ton in my new job about excel, financial modeling, and report building.
- We moved into a new apartment that’s twice the size of our previous 400sq ft apartment. And bought a car – hooray mobility!
- I have gotten a lot better at latte art and could probably make you the best cup of coffee you’ve ever had. 🙂
- Rachel has nearly completed her teaching licensure program!
- We’ve shared Christmas and Beach vacations with both of our families, and we have made good friends here in Minneapolis.
In short, life is good. I’ll try to get back on here soon to share more!